Monday, February 27, 2012

Tea Party Anyone? Eggless Salad

www.kitchenballet.blogspot.com Eggless Salad for Tea Party
Well ya'll, I was about to make a wonderful breakfast recently and as I amassed the various ingredients onto the kitchen counter - a recipe (on the side of the tofu box) cought my eye.

 I have long used silken tofu in place of eggs in certain circumstances - as I have posted in recipes - but I just never noticed this recipe before now. If you have not discovered Mori Nu tofu you are in for a smile! It is shelf stable, takes the place of and egg or two nicely in many recipes, and it stands alone as a main ingredient wonderfully!

Eggless salad on pastel girly dish with fancy spreader upon rose table linenThe following recipe which I simply must share with you is not of my own creation! It is the recipe from the side of that box! I modified the recipe to remain allergy free based on my needs - and specified that below. I have been doubling the recipe as my whole family can not get enough of this!  As I have been typing this I discovered that their website has a whole recipe section!  But seriously folks - I am just gonna say it now - you're welcome!

**Note about mustard: The origional recipe calls for 1/8 t. dry mustard however - I have not found a dry mustard truely wheat free/GF. I have had success with Goulden's Spicy Brown Mustard - no reactions and we like the taste. You'll have to use which ever mustard works for your particular needs.

Start with 1 small mixing bowl:

Eggless salad on pastel girly dish with fancy spreader upon rose table linenMori-Nu Eggless Egg Salad

1 pkg.  Mori-Nu Silken Firm Tofu, drained and mashed
3 Tbsp. Vegenaise (non dairy, non egg, Mayo substitute - you have GOT to try it!)
1/4 tsp. honey
1/8 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. tumeric
1/2 tsp. mustard **
2 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
2 Tbsp. minced scallions
2 Tbsp. minced celery
1/8 tsp. black pepper
Paprika for garnish - very pretty on top :)

Mix all of the above together in your small mixing bowl and top with the Paprika.
Cover and refrigerate - at least 30 min but the longer the better. We prefer over night.

If your little ones don't care for the 'crunchy green stuff' in this; try substituting onion powder and celery powder to taste. Sorry - I don't know what to tell ya about the relish, lol.

Eggless salad on pastel girly dish with fancy spreader upon rose table linen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here: